Resumption of Land

PLEASE NOTE: We are open, as usual, during these unprecedented times. You may call our office at any time. If you don't want to visit our office, we can make a telephone appointment for you.

Resumption of Land Legal Advice

There are circumstances in which governmental authorities can resume (compulsorily acquire) part or all of your property. Our Nambour lawyers on the Sunshine Coast can tell you what rights you have to object to resumption.

If a resumption is to proceed then you may be entitled to compensation. It is important to receive proper advice in relation to the calculation of you compensation entitlements, your rights to negotiate and appeal if you disagree with what is being offered by the governmental authority.
We regularly:

  • Prepare objections to resumptions;
  • Prepare submissions in support of claims for compensation;
  • Negotiate settlement of claims for compensation;
  • Prepare applications to the Land Court in respect of the determination of compensation entitlements.

Our Sunshine Coast solicitors have had numerous claims for compensation negotiated and settled before the necessity to proceed to the Land Court. We have also had many cases proceed to the Land Court where our firm has represented the claimant and have been successful in many of those cases.

The Land Court is a Court where it is often required to hear evidence from registered valuers, engineers, town planners, needs experts, hydrologists and many other fields of expertise. We have experience in dealing with all of the experts who are required to give evidence.

For expert legal advice contact our Sunshine Coast lawyers

Get in touch

Tell us a bit about how we can help and about any other parties involved.