Enforcement of Court Orders

PLEASE NOTE: We are open, as usual, during these unprecedented times. You may call our office at any time. If you don't want to visit our office, we can make a telephone appointment for you.

Enforcing Parenting, Property or Maintenance Orders

Sometimes people avoid adhering to parenting or property orders or simply fail to comply with them.

Breaching a Court Order can be very serious. The Family Law Courts have broad powers of enforcement, which include making Orders to assist a party by way of enforcement, and Orders punishing the person in default of an Order. The Court can also make an Order for contempt of Court.

Where appropriate, the Court can also Order that documents and instruments be signed by the Court on behalf of a defaulting party.

The Court also has broad powers to make Orders if a party breaches a Parenting Order without reasonable excuse.

Seeking an Order from the Court may not always be the most appropriate or cost-effective way of ensuring the enforcement of your Orders. Our Family Law team are happy to discuss with you the various options that may be available to you.

If you require assistance in the enforcement of Court Orders, please contact our office today for an appointment.