Family Law Solicitor
Jennifer heads our Family Law department.
Highly qualified with a Masters of Law as well as being a specialised Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner, Jennifer is able to handle the most complex of matters to guide our clients through what is often an emotional and difficult process.
Jennifer is able to deal confidently in parenting matters including:
- Allegations of or actual violence in the home
- Difficulties with access including recovery of children when they have been removed
- Helping grandparents navigate the Family Law system including their rights in relation to grandchildren
Family Law property settlement
Having previously been in the business world herself, Jennifer understands how the complex nature of parties financial assets need to be dealt with in a Family Law property settlement, including
- when parties are involved in businesses and companies,
- real property even when held in trust,
- superannuation splitting including in self-managed superannuation funds, and
- managing all other ancillary or personal property that parties may have
Jennifer is also experienced in the impacts of insolvency or death of a party during the course of a proceeding and how this impacts on a property settlement.
In addition to being able to assist clients, Jennifer is qualified and experienced in facilitating mediations for all Family Law matters and is also able to issue s.60i mediation certificates prior to filing of a court application in parenting matters.
Jennifer has three adult children and when she is not actively helping people navigate Family Law, loves gardening and spending time with her beloved furry and feathered pets at home.